Report and important things

Anders Christian Siveb¾k anders_sivebaek at nns.dk
Wed Apr 30 05:02:41 CEST 2003

Hi friends
And as you know, I mean that word - friends. Some of you have been here
since 1998 8and beyond) and you've been some of the best friends I've ever
had. I wasn't very popular in high school you see. But where I am now, I
feel good. I'm studying for one of the things I want to become - namely
teacher. I'm studying at a place (teacher's college and high school
combined) where 650 people study. Fewer and fewer live here all week, but
I know most of these, and call them all my friends. Some of them are my
best friends today - And I have often been thinking more about them than
you here, in the latest time. But that's how it goes sometimes.

I've just finsihed a turn-in on 20 pages for my final exam in danish. I'll
defend it on june 27th. (just had to check - could have been fun if it was
june 29th, eh Rosa-fans?)
It'øs about Comics - the things that make them comics, and educating
students in this. It's been extremely interesting to write it - it makes
you think about the media in a very different way - much more analyzing
than usual.
As i am a Rosa-fan i've been using Don's stories a lot for the story - as
they give some nice examples for the things I wanted to describe. E.g
close-ups of charecters, frames that move on a metha-plan (with little
marples on top - Beagle Boys that move inbetween the frames as in those
tubes in the bin, and frames that disappear because... well, there's a
spoiler there.
But i think youy get the idea - i also used barks who started out making 6
panel-pages, then 8, but as time went by he made the pictures decide the
number of panels - i've used Big-top-bedlam as an example for that. Also
things/charecters that are bigger than the panel move outside the panels.
I've tried to show these and many other things, so you can imagine there
are many picture examples in the turn-in - and you can imagine that i had
to put the the exact source on for every scan I've made, can't you? :-)
The result is simply so brilliant, and even grammatically corrected 8which
is important when it's for the exam in danish). For once in my life i
think I'm not even going to bed this night. It's simply too late for that.
Tomorrow I'll go to our local off-set-lady to have it printed on her
color-printer. (She's such a lovable old lady, Sigvald you remember her).

Now, for something a bit diferent (allthough i haven't avoided mentioning
the existance of our society in the turn-in) - danish Donaldist Society is
1 ½ years this summer. Members here, put crosses in the calendar now. june
28th to 31th is the meeting. (new members would be welcome - you're all
welcome, as long as you pay the fee and get our publications for a year.
At this meeting we'll start in Odense, Funen and continue in Aalborg in
Jutland.
Let me say that all the times I've meet with fellow comics-fans, from here
or other places, I've enjoyed myself big time - it's always great, because
we have the same background about this subject - we love comics, with
ducks, mice or other charecters.

I also have to express my pride that i'm cofounder of this danish
donaldist society - we've been covered in the local press, in the biggest
danish weekly magazine, we've had meetings etc. etc. - the honnor is
actually yours, Søren Haagerup .-9 It was you who asked me "Do we have a
donaldist society here in DK? No, i replied - then lets make one, Søren
said. I'm in on it! - and thanks to the network I've become a part of we
fastly grew to the size we have now. More than 50 members. - as said
you're welcome too, some of you are already in it.

One comes in the nostalgic corner when one hasn't been to bed for a day,
huh? Well, I'll end this mail before I start crying or something... Haha...

Hilsen/Yours
Anders Christian Sivebæk
Donaldist