COA in trouble again!

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. sigvald at duckburg.dk
Thu Aug 7 18:57:11 CEST 2003

Hi all!

For the third time (or is it even more) this year the COA data-base is down.
We all know that s**t happens from time to time, but now I think that most
of us can agree that COA has had more than it's share of that. Thus it's IMO
time to halt and start discussing how to prevent such problems in the
future. My friendly suggestion is that someone should create a mirror-site -
perhaps Thomas could have one server in Aalborg and one in Kolding as the
errors seems to have a preference to occur whenever he has gone to the place
where he does not have his server.

I know that having two servers is an economic question, thus if anyone have
plans about sponsoring this great project they should do so soon - not wait
until hell freezes down.

FYI: I want you to know that our friend Thomas should *not* be blamed for
all the COA-problems. From what I have heard unserious WEB-providers, evil
viruses and maybe old hardware only are to blame.

FYI2: The reason I show this interest for COA is that I am about to complete
a new Norwegian/American Don Rosa printed index (v. 4.0). This means that I
need a complete list of US Rosa-publications – and for that I need COA. All
the COA-troubles this year have unfortunately delayed the publication of
this index.

Sigvald