Wicca again! (O.T., but I'll stop soon)

Donald D. Markstein ddmarkstein at cox.net
Sat Aug 9 20:19:38 CEST 2003

Sigvald, it is not my policy to engage in lengthy off-topic discussions
here, in which insults are traded. But I'm making an exception for you --
except that I don't expect to let it get much more lengthy than it already
has (this is the second exchange).

> OK, you asked for it! I'll be open and tell you exactly what I know about
> the Wiccas. Fact is that once I saw a Norwegian TV program where a
Norwegian
> Wicca-lady openly told about how at least some wiccas practice nudism and
> sexual orgies out in the forrests somewhere, to me that sounds more like a
> cult than a religion.

So, you once watched a sensation-mongering TV show that mentioned their most
lurid practices. (And non-universal ones, to judge from Wiccans I know
personally.) THAAAT makes you WAAAAY qualified to insult millions of people
you don't know by calling their religious beliefs a cult.

As for your taking offense at my calling you "ignorant": If the above is
your idea of speaking out of knowledge, then please, DO take offense,
because I persist in believing you ignorant -- a fact you confirm every time
you open your mouth.

Quack, Don

Today in Toons: Every day's an anniversary.
http://www.toonopedia.com/today.htm