World Wide Witch

Arie Fachrisal cien2 at cbn.net.id
Sun Aug 10 18:56:28 CEST 2003

Hi,
I was digging thru my old stuffs and i saw Blum story in one of the weekly
that was printed about 5-6 weeks ago. I noticed it just now because of the
hot debate that escalated around it. Im glad to see a gag that originated in
Barks' story (the one where US cryin and forgot how many times he ate the
meal because he cant see it for tears)
Some gags that were poorly translated were the reply by HDL when US said "as
long as DD can use Windows", page 5 panel 4 which i suspect DD is actually
reading a "... for Dummies" book. And this is a guess only, but i dont think
Blum would use the term "Lucky Dime" but the translation did put it in one
of the panels. The same goes for some of Don's stories where the translator
put in US's reference to the 1st dime as lucky dime. I'm curious to find out
if in Blum's original story does contain the term "lucky dime" or not.
Overall, the local translations made me unable to enjoy the story to the
fullest. Maybe one day if i get the chance to read it in English language,
then i would be able to appreciate more. Well, i'm looking forward to other
works of Mr. Blum, but i hope it wont contain too many slangs intended for
certain community (in this case, online community).

Keep On Quacking,
Arie Fachrisal who knows that "Del" button is to deliver spam emails to my
Recycle Bin ;-)