A curiosity Poll for the many nations represented here

Rich Bellacera xephyr at cwnet.com
Mon Aug 11 01:10:19 CEST 2003

It's been discussed at length here before, but I don't recall ever
seeing a final tally for reference.

The Topic:  Where does Mickey live according to your Disney publications?

No, it was never really asked that way, but it was the jist of the
discussion.

In the USA, we typically designate that Mickey, Goofy, Clarabelle and
Pluto all live in Mouseton (formerly also known as Mouseville).
I am certainly aware that in many other countries Mickey and the gang
live in the same town as Donald & Uncle Scrooge, hence, Duckburg.

In Brazil, for instance, Mickey & Donald both live in Duckburg, but it
is better known as Patopolis.  In Italy, Mouseton is called Topolinia.

What is Mickey's hometown according to your publications/native tongue?

If it is a variation on Mouseton could you please reply with something like:

          ITALY/Italian: Topolinia (Mouseton)

but if it is Duckburg, please answer:

          BRAZIL/Portuguese: Patopolis (Duckburg)

I would like to make sure this is expressed clearly in the next version
of HooZoo.

If you don't want to take up bandwidth on the Maing List I would be
happy to collect the info in my personal e-mail box and then I can
present the finding altogether on the List when they cease coming.

Thanks,

Rich Bellacera
xephyr at cwnet.com