Readership figures

Morten Lied Johansen mortenjo at ifi.uio.no
Mon Aug 11 01:28:44 CEST 2003

*swooosh* (that's the sound of the cloaking device being turned off. ;)

I managed to get into a friendly debate over readership figures today,
and suddenly was faced with trying to back up my claim that Disney
comics are the most read in the world. Now I'm perfectly aware that I
might be wrong, but I couldn't just admit to such a thing without
fierce resistance... hence this mail. ;)

Now, my challenge is this... my opponent mentioned the SpiderMan comics
as a challenger, quoting 100 million readers. After some prodding, I
managed to find out that his figure was the number of units (for lack of
a better word) sold in a year, which I'm not sure would be a good basis
for determining how many people are reading it, but so be it, that was
my challenge...

My question for the list is therefore this:

How many units of disney comics are sold worldwide in a year? Does
anyone know? I tried some quick searches to find some numbers, but
didn't really get any usable results.

--
Morten
Enter any 11-digit prime number to continue.