Wicca and religion in the Disney comic

Kriton Kyrimis kyrimis at cti.gr
Mon Aug 11 08:51:40 CEST 2003

KATIE:

> This isn't really a very good comparison because no one worships
> Zeus or Odin anymore,

I don't know about Odin, but I understand that there is a revival of the
ancient Greek religion over here, with a small following, not to mention that
elements of ancient Greek worship have survived in Greek christian worship,
mostly in the form of local customs. As for Zeus, in particular, I have heard
that in certain parts of Greece, people still use the expression "Ne Dia", an
archaic expression meaning "by Zeus"!

	Kriton	(e-mail: kyrimis at cti.gr)
	      	(WWW:    http://dias.cti.gr/~kyrimis)
-----
"What's the time?"
"The relative measure of state of decay, but that's not important now."
-----