Help in reconstructing fragmented memory

Mark Wright nicodemuslegend at cp.fuller.edu
Mon Aug 11 23:11:51 CEST 2003

>From: SRoweCanoe at aol.com
>Subject: Re: Help in reconstructing fragmented memory
>
>You are talking about Mickey Mouse Magazine that was published by Welsh.
>  there were lots of those old sleuth (ie:mickey as sherlock holmes)
stories

>Welsh did lots of childrens magazines - untill they were bought by
Marvel comics, who published one childrens mag and then published no
more

>Steven Rowe
>SRoweCanoe at aol.com
>
>------------------------------

>From: "Gerstein, David DK - ECN" <DGE at ECN.egmont.com>
>Subject: RE: Help in reconstructing fragmented memory
>
>	The magazine is The Wonderful World of Disney, a supermarket
>giveaway published (at the time) by Proctor and Gamble.
>	The comic stories with Mickey were "Mickey And The Sleuth", in which
>a rather out-of-character Mickey plays Dr. Watson to The Sleuth, a
brilliant
>but clumsy Holmes-like London detective.
>	The Sleuth's enemies are a recurring gang called the College of
>Criminal Knowledge. They are the thin, aristocratic Professor
Nefarious; the
>armadillo Armadillo, and the dopey Fliplip.
>
>	The "Sleuth" stories were produced by the Disney studio itself,
>mostly for overseas use- which is why so few have ever appeared in the
USA.
>Aside from WWOD magazine, a few turned up in Western comics in the late
>1970s, and a few more in Gladstone's DONALD AND MICKEY title around
1993.
>	Other Disney studio self-produced comics also appeared in WWOD; for
>example, rare Fethry Duck stories in 1960s issues of the magazine.
>
>	David Gerstein

Thanks for both of your help.  I think David's suggestion is the one
I'm looking for, as the magazine I'm thinking of clearly had Mickey
play a Watson role to the separate "Sleuth" character.  The College of
Criminal Knowledge sounds familiar as well.

Thanks again,
Mark Wright