Back! Hrmphf! ;-)

Søren Krarup Olesen raptus at stofanet.dk
Sat Aug 16 17:25:18 CEST 2003

Dear all,

I think that just leaving a mailing list you've been a member of for at
least six years was a bit too hard for me. I found myself downloading
your mails from the web anyway...so...

About the web-poll provided by Sigvald in a "scientific" way, I second
Martin and possibly others. Such investigations are rather close to
useless. For example, Olaf turns out to be more popular than Tony Strobl
himself, which of course is rediculous. Olaf, I am quite sure that you
agree with me on this...well, of course you do.

The idea from Rich about a Pete book is one of the most interesting
things I've read here for a long time. Firstly I found it a bit strange,
but on seconds thoughts it is brilliant. The nice thing about it is that
we basically don't know much about Pete's background, about what
happened when he was young. In some of the old stories he goes for power
only, but later he also seems to enjoy being a friend of Mickey's, so in
fact he is quite a complicated character. Thinking of robbing a bank
(which actually appeals to me if only in dreams...but still...)

And even better: Such a book would include almost the entire gallery of
characters that we know so well already, both ducks and mice.

Daniël, you asked for a story:

 > This reminds me of a D-coded(?) [...]

The story is probably D  5273 ("The Vegetarian") drawn by Vicar, but
there is no breaking windows, so perhaps I am wrong.

Somebody spoke about Rota's earlier art, i.e. including Mickey and
Goofy. I recommend you to visit http://raptus.dk and click on "R"

As for Scarpa I am all with Francesco Spreafico. IMHO many Italians (and
their stories) rates equally or even better than Barks. Sorry, can't
help it.

All for now.

Søren

"The history is unpredictable"