webpolls

Katie Sullivan vazali at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 17 00:50:43 CEST 2003

Sigvald wrote:
>I *may be wrong* but I have got a vague impression that those
>who are most
>critical to my Google-WEB poll is the same that are most
>critical to Don
>Rosa, thus they may not be to happy to see him being successful

>in such polls.

I didn't stick my foot in earlier, but I don't put much stock in
web-polls or "Google fights," either.  They're amusing and give
you some idea of how well-known and talked about a certain
person or subject is, but there's nothing scientific about them.
 My sociology course in college talked about polling and how the
results are skewed, etc, as did one of my algebra classes.  So
I'm wary of statistics like that.  There's nothing wrong with
doing web polls or Google comparisons like that for fun and
curiosity, but it's not scientific.
And I am a HUGE fan of Rosa!  But then you did say you might be
wrong.  ;)

Katie Sullivan
http://www.sullivanet.com/