Imperatore della Calidornia + Re: The Italian Duck universe

Francesco Spreafico frspreaf at tin.it
Sun Aug 17 19:45:20 CEST 2003

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. wrote:

> I like them, but I also realises that AFAIK they have never been a
> part of the American Duck-universe.

Well, Barks once made a sketch featuring Brigitta, maybe this makes it part
of the American Duck-universe even for you 8-)

On to Olaf:

>> According to the contract shown in the end,
>> this story takes place in August 1973.

Changed in the reprints (it happens even in my 1995 reprint, it has 1995.
Originally it was 1961.

>> Well, I now see that this story was first
>> published in 1961, so I assume this story
>> had a 1960 or 1961 date instead of "September
>> 1st 1973", and that all other years and ages
>> were the same, so that "Tøffe-Mikke" would
>> have been 25 years old in 1880. But I have to
>> ask anyhow... One of the reasons I puzzle, is
>> that this "Tøffe-Mikke" seems to be appr.
>> the same age in 1880 as Mickey is today.
>> In other words, this calculation COULD BE an
>> indicator on Scarpa's thoughts of Mickey's age.

I remember Mickey saying he's 25 in a 1953 story (so he was born in 1928...
of course!) but it was written by Guido Martina.

--
Francesco
http://www.dimensionedelta.net/scarpa/