Question for Sigvald

SBHSN@aol.com SBHSN at aol.com
Mon Aug 18 13:50:19 CEST 2003

Sigvald,

Regarding your recent Google-rankings of various Disney artists (regardless
of statistical validity it was an interesting exercise), were you surprised at
the high hit-count of Walt Kelley?  You gave list-readers the impression some
six months or so ago that you were not that familiar with Kelley, so I was
wondering what your feelings were at his count.

Here's my take: When the second ranking was presented, I was pleased at the
high hit-count. I grew up reading Pogo, and loved Kelley's humor and drawing
skills.  However, unless one is familiar with American politics of the 1950s and
1960s, many of the story lines lack complete relevance to today's reader.

Steve in Austin