Wal-Mart Gemstone Appearances

Danehog@aol.com Danehog at aol.com
Tue Aug 19 05:47:21 CEST 2003

rnjmvc at hotmail.com wrote:

>I have yet to see any of the new Gemstones in
>WalMart or the local bookstore chains.

Unfortunately, I doubt that you'll see the books in your local Wal-Mart
anytime soon. I remember reading of a ban they semi-recently passed regarding
comics in their stores (there was a rumor about censorship-driven mothers
complaining endlessly), although I think they still continue to sell Archie Digests,
MAD Magazine, and Disney Adventures. (Two of which are only "semi-comics"
anyway.)

I've yet to see the Gemstone comics in any chain bookstores here either--not
even the "Donald Duck Adventures" book, which I thought was going to find its
main (children) readership via chain bookstores. Hm.
--
Dane