Barks's Geography's Founders watercolor

Daniel van Eijmeren dve at kabelfoon.nl
Wed Aug 20 12:07:33 CEST 2003

THERESA WIEGERT, 19-08-2003:

> Since I'm getting more and more senile by every second,

Ah, my secret backward messages are beginning to work... :-)

See: http://stp.ling.uu.se/pipermail/dcml/2003-August/024401.html

> yes, I *could* look at archives, but since I'm writing anyway:

It's of course always best to let *others* do the searching, while you
are writing. (I'm sorry, this is always my impression when I read such
comments.)

> The picture is gorgeous, but oh so tiny - does anyone have a scan
> with better resolution?

Yes, but first I have to show off some knowledge. :-) The watercolor is
titled "Geography's Founders" (80-02). It's part of Barks's extensive
series "Famous Figures of History as They Might Have Looked Had Their
Genes Gotten Mixed with Waterfowl".

http://www.seriesam.com/barks/ndw_8002gf.jpg  (153kb)
Scan is submitted by Gerd Syllwasschy, 21 December 2001.
It's taken from Barks's Animal Quackers paintings book.

On his BarksBase site, Gerd has a splendid overview of Barks's
non-Disney watercolors: http://www.barksbase.de/english/bbhc.htm

--- Daniël