SV: RE: Somewhere in Nowhere - when will we see it?

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. sigvald at duckburg.dk
Fri Aug 22 21:36:50 CEST 2003

H.W.Fluks at telecom.tno.nl wrote:

> Another question is if there is any connection
> between the price demanded for this story and
> Don Rosa's strike a few years later?
>
> There is no connection at all. I have the
> impression that you have no idea what Don's
> strike was about.

I probably know MORE about it than you would think I do - so please stop
using such harsh and even irrelevant arguments.

> (BTW, there's no need to go further into this
> matter. It's not relevant here anyway.)

I agree!

> - As there obviously is no reason to pay
> Lustig/Block any better than Don.
>
> Obviously? Can you explain how I should read
> this sentence, while also keeping in mind what
> you wrote: "I have been too critical towards
> too many artist/creators"?

Is it so difficult? OK! Paying people can be done two ways:
a) Same work - same sallary.
b) People are paid what they are worth in the market.

This means:

a) Lustig/Block should be payed eqaully to Don Rosa.
b) Lustig/Block should be payed lower than Don Rosa (ref. the marketprices
in Sweden).

> And what about Barks? Why do you only mention
> Lustig/Block as people-to-be-paid for that
> story?

I don't know when that story was offered to Egmont:
1) If Barks was still alive he probably deserved such a pay - he was a
legend!
2) If Barks was dead by then he would have no use for that money anyway.

And, Harry it would have been nice if you had commented my question about
when we will see this story in Scandinavia.

Sigvald