DCML Digest, Vol 6, Issue 59

Gary Leach bangfish at comcast.net
Sat Aug 23 16:12:45 CEST 2003

Eta Beta re: Gottfredson:

> It'd take an enterprising company with a regular licence to try
> that, and still reading between the lines, it seems to me such
> company doesn't exist, at the moment...

Oh, it exists, but it's just recently come off a three-plus year haul
negotiating one license. Once it catches it breath, then we'll see.

And I'm not being diplomatic. There has been no hint from Disney that
there is anything afoot to suppress the Gottfredson Mickey. As others
have already remarked here, the Mickey Disney has shown the most recent
interest in has been very much along "classic" lines - exactly the
Mouse that the best of Gottfredson exemplifies.

Can I be diplomatic, though? Oh yes, I can say "Please pass the sweet
and sour shrimp" with the best of 'em.

Gary