On the Studio Program

Eta Beta eega at supereva.it
Mon Aug 25 15:52:16 CEST 2003

David G.

>>Now, what about "The Big Break-In" ? Is what we read in US 320
>>the original Carl Fallberg script and dialogue, or is this an
>>italian "rewrite" ?
>
>	The Egmont archives contain black-and-white photostats to the
>'final' Disney Studio version of the story: that is to say, Scarpa
>art with English language dialogue in the voice balloons.

OK, so it's still the same stuff going 'round, I though this
might have been from another source.

Since the art is already finished, the dialogue obviously
was done after that, hence it's still impossible to tell
whether Scarpa and/or other italian authors have actually
tampered with the original scripts and to what extent.

The american "localization" certainly wasn't done in Italy,
none of the authors, nor the editors I believe, could
have done it themselves, so it must have bounced back
and forth between sides of the Pond a few times before
reaching it's final state and publication in Europe.

Another one to file in the "Will we ever know?" folder,
I guess...

Thanks!

Cheers!

Eta Beta