which witches...

Madame Jennifer Inantaz madame82 at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 29 15:52:00 CEST 2003

Noooooooo!!! Somebody got the point before I did! Not fair! Foul fowl!

She's a comic book character, so there's no real facts; but in 'A Little
Something Special' she teleports to a table the middle of the Beagle Boys,
blowing them out of their seats. One of the baddies exclaims "It's that
italian witch!".
She retorts "I'm a sorceress, you lout". (I don't have the comic in front of
me, so I'm kind of paraphrasing)

And she has been called an 'italian witch' in Barks stories, I think. Both a
sorceress and witch.

Calling her a witch seems kind of hokey in my opinion. It's like the
difference of calling someone a mechanic, and calling him a grease-monkey;
they're the same occupation, but mechanic holds more professional weight
most of the time. You usually get her being named a witch/italian witch as
some sort of quip, or hasty remark. Whereas being a sorceress would be a
sort of 'profession' name.

And, who knows, maybe she is a witch and she just calls herself a sorceress
because of some low self-esteem problem. ^_~ She never could pass that
Sorcery Entrance Exam....