Laurel & Hardy (NOT OT)

Eta Beta eega at supereva.it
Fri Dec 5 15:09:01 CET 2003

Hello!

I have one of those curiosities that I'm afraid won't be easy to
satisfy...

I recently re-watched, after some 30 years (at least!), an old
Laurel & Hardy movie, "Babes in Toyland", aka "March of the Wooden
Soldiers".

My memory had retained very little of this movie in all those years,
I just had a vague remembrance of the costumed ambience and the
terrifying (well, for a kid...) bogeymen, and it was with some
surprise that I "discovered" that Disney characters are in this
movie, and with important roles, too...

The Three Little Pigs actually have an instrumental part in the
plot, and there's no possible mistake about it being really them,
with "Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf" music and all.

Mickey also appears, never called by name but easily recognizable.

What I'm wondering is, what did Walt think of all this ?

Was there an agreement between Disney and MGM about the use of
the characters in the movie, and if not, how did MGM manage to
get by with it ?

Anyone knows ?

Cheers!

Eta Beta