Donald Duck newspaperstrip where it worked like a story?

Matthew Williams kingofduckburg at apptechnc.net
Sun Dec 7 02:46:13 CET 2003

>From: Mads Jensen <madsj at raptus.dk>
>Subject: Donald strips

>RE: Are there any periods in the Donald Duck newspaperstrip where it worked
>like a story of some kind with a part each day,..?

In the late eighties in several issues of DONALD DUCK, Gladstone published
several small collections of 1938 Taliaferro strips as mini stories.  I
remember a group of consecutive golfing gags, a story about Gus's first
visit to Donald's home, Donald visiting Gus on the farm, and one where
Donald was a trapper in Antarctica.  there were likely more, but that's all
I can remember just off the top of my head.

By the way, Mr. Foster, I would love to see the strips you mention.  I
thoroughly enjoyed the American duck comics you edited in the early
nineties.  They came to me at a very formative time in my life!  You seemed
to be someone who had a real appreciation for the history and tradition of
Disney comics.  The Christmas Scrooge story you wrote for UNCLE SCROOGE #
251 still puts a lump in my thought today!

Matt