Question about Don Rosa's family tree

Olaf Solstrand olaf at andebyonline.com
Tue Dec 16 16:00:40 CET 2003

Daniel:
> Huh??? You hated that you got the family tree *earlier* than you planned?
> Is that really what you meant?
>
> (Strange people, those Norwegians!) :-)

Actually, that is exactly what I meant. :-) This was going to be a
collectible, getting a few portraits at the time and waiting in excitement
to see how the finished result would look... And I'd already seen it in a
newspaper, so I had nothing to look forward to anymore.

Yes, I hated that. That could have been a true highlight of that fall -
collecting a poster, little by little, in the Donald Duck magazine. Now, it
wasn't that exciting anymore because I'd already seen it.

Hey, you can compare it to chocolate. If you're going to eat one chocolate
bar for the entire year, what will you prefer? Eating it one piece every
week throughout the fall, or rather eat the entire bar in July?

Olaf the Blue