Disney comics and the Comics Code Authority (CCA)

SRoweCanoe@aol.com SRoweCanoe at aol.com
Fri Dec 19 22:11:36 CET 2003

In a message dated 12/19/2003 5:09:17 AM Eastern Standard Time,
jehan126 at hotmail.com writes:
<<(2) the position of Disney comics
vis-à-vis the Comics Code Authority (CCA)? I know that Disney comics did not
need to have the CCA logo when they were published. Will you please tell me
what else you know about this issue?>>
In the USA, it was the decision of Dell Comics (who published the Disney
comics)  not to join the other comics company in starting the CCA -- indeed, their
ads at the time state that they dont have to censor their comics, cause they
never contained material that needed censoring...

I seem to recall that the Disney comics that Marvel produced, were under the
Code....

In the USA, comics were never subjected to Goverment censorship (they were
however several states where crime comics were banned)

steven rowe