Carl Barks Library

Rodney w bowcock jr. rodney-selfhelpbikeco at juno.com
Fri Feb 7 02:40:58 CET 2003

Since the rarity of the Barks Library sets is being discussed here, for
the first time in ages, I have something worth contributing.

A year or two ago, Armando Botto payed attention to CBL prices on ebay,
and the difference in what they go for is amazing.  It's dangerous to
assume that what an item sells for on ebay is what it's worth, as that's
not frequently the case, but it's something worth looking at.  He sent
this to me on 8/25/01:

Set 1: $75
Set 2: $106
Set 3: $98
Set 4: $144
Set 5: $385 (appeared only twice)
Set 6: $212
Set 7: $154
Set 8: $73
Set 9: $152 (biased by a guy who bought it at $300... otherwise, it would
have been $125)
Set 10: $222 (appeared only 3 times)
A complete 1-to-10 set went for $1375 last April.

I'm one of the lucky ones with set 5 in my collection, but there are
still 5 sets missing on my bookshelf, and it'll be a long time before I
can afford any more of them.  I suppose my future children may have to be
satisfied with the Barks material that I've saved for them so far!

Rodney Bowcock
Past Tense Productions
"Classic movies and TV for $7"