DCML digest #1246

Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Fri Feb 7 15:38:52 CET 2003

From: "Dan Rosenberg" <dortmunder at mad.scientist.com>
Subject: D.U.C.K.
later
stories. I've had real trouble finding any.

I've put the dedications in my stories from the very first one to the
present day, and in all other covers and pin-ups and whatevers starting
about 1990. Now, there have been a few instances when I accidentally left it
out -- my theory is that I placed it during the pencil-stage, but then weeks
later when I entered the inking stage, I breezed right over it without even
noticing it myself, having hid it so well. In any case, there are a very few
instances when it is NOT there, and you shouldn't drive yourself insane
looking for it. But I think it's been years since the dedication did not
appear in one of my stories or covers.
Just name the story in which you can't find the dedication and first I'll
confirm that you should keep looking, then I'll give you some clues, then
I'll flat out spill the beans if you so command.