DCML digest #1248, Picsou

Anders Christian Sivebæk anders_sivebaek at nns.dk
Sun Feb 9 01:00:47 CET 2003

Hi all

Sigvald:
>It's abviously true, as some of mye friends
>has stated in private e-mail, that less bright
>people now has taken over the Picsou Magazine.
>The scan I just recieved of the upper half of
>page 11 of "Gyro's First Invention" belongs
>to the serial version of this story and not
>the singe-part version as it normally would
>have! The French readers and other Rosa-fans
>are thus being cheated by these #$%& id*****

Well, I would like to think that they try to do their job as good as they
can, but that is just not good enough at all!
I thus totally agree with you Sigvald - You know from this summer and the
Picsous I showed to you and some other members of The Danish Donaldist
Society that these Picsou editors aren't making as nice a magazine as they
did when the pin-ups where there in issue 349 and the ones before.
This is my main area of interest in the Rosa-comics, so of course it makes
me sad to see that I can't trust Picsou anymore on bringing the one-part
version for the page that I make in cooperation with yourself, Sigvald.

>So you're completely right Don, when you
>complain that many publishers don't care a
>damn about your work and about your fans!
>I hope there are other more bright publisher's
>out there so that we can also see the single-
>part version in print someday!

Let's hope to see the story, which you inspired
Don to make in print in american soon, and in one
part (I trust the american editors to be more
serious than the Picsou ones seem to be)!

You'll hear from me again soon, my friends - In
any case with a full report of my experiences on
the trip I am on to Stavanger - In fact I'm at
Sigvalds PC right now :-)

Good night!
AC