Vic Torry's/D. Duck's Flying saucer

timo ronkainen timoro at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 10 17:34:41 CET 2003

>the Disney story being referred to, but how could someone away off in
>Finland know so much about VIC TORRY AND HIS FLYING SAUCER, a very obscure
>American one-shot comic book published in the year 1950?!?!

I bought few years ago couple of issues of "Doc Weird's Thrill Book!" that
reprinted Vic Torry and His Flying Saucer in three parts. I have also read
through some books about comic book history and browsed megabytes worth of
web pages about old american comics (and about European too). I've almost
always been interested in this kind of stuff. Why, I don't know.. when I was
kid, these kind of comics and movies were not around at all and no one knew
nothing about them.
I think I'll soon scan few examples of flying saucers from this Donald Duck
story and Vic Torry plus Valerian and set them side by side. I'll let you
know when they are on line.

Timo

^^''*''^^
Cartoonist - writer - donaldist -