AW: DCML digest #1260

Cord Wiljes cord at wiljes.de
Tue Feb 18 10:51:52 CET 2003

Don: I view the family relationships between the Ducks more from their
behaviour - the role they play in the family. Grandma and Scrooge for
example act like older sister and younger brother. Grandma acts like
HD&Ls grandmother. And I also believe she acts like Donald's mother - or
at least someone who educated him in his younger years. But then again,
this is my personal point of view, no scientific analysis or canonical
demand. And of course I can enjoy stories which assume other family
connections. Maybe the Ducks lost track themselves? Or the matter is not
as important for them as it is for us humans?

Considering the coins in the money bin: Did not Barks himself depict the
coins in his beauterribleful oil paintings in (mainly) gold? But then
gold is a rather soft and heavy metal so the weight of the higher coin
strata in Scrooge's money bin should squeeze the lower strata into a
pulp. Meybe the money bin has some additional floors below the coinline
to give additional stability? Or the lower strata are not gold but made
of a harder metal?

Cord