Birth of Ducks

H.W.Fluks@telecom.tno.nl H.W.Fluks at telecom.tno.nl
Tue Feb 18 17:05:58 CET 2003

Rob Klein:

> And so, we have our answer: As Barks had Scrooge mentioning
> that he would turn
> back into an egg halfway across the "Fountain of Youth Pond",
> we can assume
> that the Ducks came out of eggs (not live births (as
> mammals).

Another possibility is that he was making a joke on his surname "(Mc)Duck".

If I would stand there on that island, I could have said "Being halfway, I would not have been Fluks enough to cross the pond" - the word fluks means "fast".

If you would stand there, you could have said "Being halfway, I would be even Kleiner, so I can't cross the pond". (Klein = small)

--Harry Fluks.