Donald's birth / Carl Barks

dennis books comicchar_shop at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 18 18:18:49 CET 2003

Sounds like the book Cord Wiljes describes is a later printing of THE LIFE OF DONALD DUCK (1941).I thought it was an interesting read as it takes snapshots from many of the duck cartoon shorts. It is billed as "My only authorized biography (signed) d. duck".A facsimile of the 1941 classic book was released in 1994 by Applewood Books.Of special interest besides an accurate accounting of Donald's birth, it included:a recorded CD - with Carl Barks and Donald Duck in a fireside chat,a complete script of the recording,a mail in offer entitling the purchaser to a free cassette of the program and a greeting card by Carl.

"Anything for a duck"...Dennis