AW: DCML digest, Vol 1 #1259 - 18 msgs

Søren Krarup Olesen raptus at stofanet.dk
Tue Feb 18 19:47:10 CET 2003

CORD:

> And I share your problems with explizit descriptions of interspecies
> sexuality in Duckburg. But for the progress of science and
> enlightenment I believe this is necessary.

Heh! It still amuses me to see that many of you people apparently think
that those ducks and mice are having sex, while we're not watching. Fact
is however, that they never ever had any sex in their entire vitual
life. Because if they did, it would be printed on paper. And *this* is
why Clarabelle can date Horace, and *this* is why swans can date geese
and ducks etc.

Hence, there is no such thing as science or enlightment involved in this
debate. It's all based on plain speculations. Speculations can be fun
(agreed! :-) but trying to impose normal human behavious upon comic
characters and take it for granted is a side track IMHO. In other words,
when people suggest that Duck X might have had an affair with Duck Y
which caused baby Duck Z, these are speculations (or perhaps hopes) for
the reader, but it never happened, since we never read about it.

The ducks and the mice are stuck in their stiff universe. There is no
"progress" as such. Daisy will never be able to prefer Donald before
Gladstone, because they are "trapped" like that. HD & L will never grow
up (or older), because they are not meant to.

If you wish to do any science within this field, it should be guided by
observations and not by silly assumptions about what "might have happened".

Søren