DCML digest, Vol 1 #1274 - 16 msgs

Eero-Pekka Halinen e_halinen at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 26 19:50:05 CET 2003

I just read the Dream of a Lifetime in Aku Ankka. I think it was great work
again, Rosa changed his frequent references to going straight in. The
popcorn, drum, cannon etc. were quite hilarious.
    I bet you all know, but I don't (and that is why I ask): How much does
byrocracy slow the process in wich the stories from e. g Don Rosa get from
his table to Aku Ankka for me to read? And how long does this take nowadays
when Rosa's stories are published (I think) ASAP?
    And Rosa, you wouldn't take a plot for a story from anybody who sent you
one, even if it was REAL good? I think my name would look better on a lamp
or on camel's knees than F. S. M  =).

I'm going to Paris soon. I guess I can get the local Duck-weeklies from any
kiosk or so? Anything else to see in Paris (no time for Disneyland =)?

From: "Michael Schartau" <Michael.Schartau at swipnet.se>

>At least sinse 1727 (directly from the latin). But the Norwegians still
>spells it EKSTRA, dont they? And the Finns? And they also have TAKSI (even
>though the roofsign nowdays are spelled TAXI)

We spell it EKSTRA too, yes. Actually we're not changing words with KS to X
(wich is good for the language), but vice versa:
Fax ---> Faksi. There is naturally a finnish word for fax, wich no-one uses:
telekopiolaite (telecopy-machine).

Eero-Pekka Halinen