Anniversaries in 2003

Kai Saarto ksaarto at mbnet.fi
Sun Jan 5 14:10:06 CET 2003

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. wrote:

> http://duckman.pettho.com/anniversary/anniversary.html
>
> Since D.U.C.K.hunt is a Don Rosa fan site,
> this section deals with the Barks/Rosa universe
> only. That's why Mickey's 75th anniversary
> isn't mentioned. But as you can see, I
> haven't forgotten about it. Are there other
> important Disney anniversaries this year?

Here are some that I dug up, you decide what's important:

10/5 1943 Carl Barks completed the story: "Donald Duck and the Mummy’s Ring"

30/7 1953 Carl Barks created "Junior Woodchucks’ Book of Knowledge". It
didn't made its first _public_ appearance until 1954, though.

27/9 1943 Grandma Duck's first appearance.

16/10 1923 Walt Disney Productions-company was founded. This may not be
a fact that needs to be emphasized in a Rosa fan-page... :-)

5/11 1943 Opening night of the Donald Duck movie "The Old Army Game"
Carl Barks was one of the scriptwriters.

26/11 1943 Opening night of the Donald Duck movie "Home Defence" Carl
Barks was one of the scriptwriters.

--
- Kai Saarto
http://www.perunamaa.net/donrosa