Sigvald: Clara Cluck

H.W.Fluks@telecom.tno.nl H.W.Fluks at telecom.tno.nl
Mon Jan 6 18:57:43 CET 2003

Sigvald wrote:

> However both these stories are only drawn by
> Barks/Rosa. This leaves me with a very difficult
> question: shold I, or should I *not*, include
> Clara Cluck in my "Who's who in Duckburg"
> pages in where I intend to present the characters
> in the Barks/Rosa universe only?

I think you should clearly define the boundaries of your "universe" and
mention this on your website. If you decide that "everything Barks or Rosa
wrote-and-drew" is relevant, then Clara Cluck does not exist. Also make sure
to include or exclude Barks's paintings (which he also "wrote" himself),
since some of them contain Horace and Clarabelle as characters.

Johnny Grote went to the extreme in his German Barks index. He *does* list
the Mickey story and the non-Disney stories that Barks did, but this is in a
separate section of the book, marked with "WARNING - YOU ARE LEAVING THE
DUCKBURG SECTOR". 8-)

--Harry.