Another mystery solved

Søren Krarup Olesen raptus at stofanet.dk
Wed Jan 15 02:08:47 CET 2003

SIGVALD:

> Josep Tello Gonzalez. The story is: D 2331: MM: Peculiar Problems On
> Pearl Island. This story is 8+8+8 pages just as many Paul Murry
> Classics so I guess that's why I believed that that was a Murry story
> as well.

All D-coded stories are by Gutenberghus/Egmont, so Paul Murry had
nothing to do with them. The story D  2331 is by Tello.

> Do any of you know anything more about this Josep Tello Gonzalez, and
> if he has done any other Paul Murry like stories?

In fact Tello didn't do anything else, than following the steps of old
Murry...right down to Goofy's strangely lifted hand. If you see a
continued Mickey story in a Scandinavian weekly from the 70s or 80s, you
can be pretty sure that it was drawn by Tello and his team. The same
goes for the covers in the same period.

Søren