DCML digest, Vol 1 #1222 - 6 msgs

Klaus Harms harms313 at web.de
Sat Jan 18 12:24:35 CET 2003

Some bean counter (name in of no interest here) wrote:

> At
> http://www.donald.org/de/barks/barks-font/home.html
> one can find a nice Carl Barks font. However this
> font does not include the Danish/Norwegian
> special characters. This leads me to wonder if
> the D.O.N.A.L.D. club is chauvinistic, or if they
> just are a bit little informed? Don't they know
> that Barks are popular in other Nordic countries
> than Sweden and Finland? Or don't they know about
> the very existence of the Danish/Norwegian
> special characters?

Tee hee, us Germans (who supposedly all designed that particular font,
all 80 million of us in the FRG, not including native German speakers in
other countries) are soo chauvinist, we even keep the letter "ß" from
use by us! Now that's what I call national egoism!

Klaus
(a chauvinist)

P.S.: The D.O.N.A.L.D. celebrates its 26th annual congress on April 5th,
2003, in Oldenburg i.O., Germany. Whoever is interested in applied
donaldism is very welcome.