Crazy birds/Goofy's wife

Rob Klein bi442 at lafn.org
Mon Jan 20 21:11:18 CET 2003

Hey! If you are including crazy Lantz birds, why not WB's wackyist regular foul
star - Daffy! The very first Looney Duck from "Porky's Duck Hunt"(1937), which
later became Daffy, was just as wacky as the early
1940s Woody Woodpecker.  He flew around in circles shrieking like a loon or
banshee.  Also, wouldn't it be great to also have in the zany melee, a few
(others)of the zany Tex Avery characters, such as Screwy Squirrel?  Or, if they
must be limited to looney BIRDS, what about his zany buzzards from his 1943
short, "What's Buzzin' Buzzard"!

Regarding the Dodo birds that Porky encountered: I hadn't thought about it as a
kid, but they look NOTHING like a real dodo bird.  The Dodo in "Alice in
Wonderland" did, however. But, alas, THAT bird didn't act wacky enough for our
special imaginary scenario.

For Sigvald: Goofy DID have a wife.  She was shown in a few Goofy shorts in the
1940s and 1950s. I assumed that in the other shorts with his son, where the
mother was not shown, she was away, visiting her mother, or recuperating in a
mental "rest home".  After all, can you imagine living for years together with
Goofy????

Rob
Klein