Heymans & Heymans

H.W.Fluks@telecom.tno.nl H.W.Fluks at telecom.tno.nl
Thu Jan 23 18:24:29 CET 2003

Rune:

> There's a story code H98235, and the
> illustrator is "Mau Heymans".
>
> The "drawing-style" was quite different from the way "most
> others" draw
> the characters, and not in a Rosa/Barks kind of style.  Not sure if I
> liked it yet, but I would like to get my hands on other
> stories by the
> same artist.  Anyone got any references?

There are several ways to get a Mau Heymans index from Inducks, for instance
http://bolderbast.inducks.org/inducks/mheymanss.html (and other indexes
linked from http://bolderbast.inducks.org/xxcreators.html).
Your mail reminded me to update those pages, which I did just before sending
this mail. 8-)

I'm a big Heymans fan. Especially the stories that he wrote himself,
together with his former girlfriend Kirsten de Graaf, are very good. One of
my favourites:

H 93154       10        ->  MHe BHe DD  Een geniale weddenschap (Roddelflop)
|					    [writ:MHe,KdG]
|	no: DD2000-02,KVART01 (Alt er relativt)

Jørgen (welcome back):

> is Bas Heymans Mau's brother? Their style is very
> similar.

Yes, they are brothers. Bas started his Duckwork with inking Mau's stories.
That also explains their similarity in styles.

A small photograph of the brothers can be found here:

http://members.lycos.nl/bolderbast/p01-07.html (the 6th photograph on that
page)

--Harry.