Barks font

Thomas Pryds Lauritsen thomas at duckburg.dk
Fri Jan 24 18:45:10 CET 2003

Hi!

Inspired by the recent discussion about the Carl Barks font offered on
the German Donaldists' webpage, I decided to extend it with various
accented and other special characters plus the Greek alphabet.

Everything is done by twisting, combining, and in other ways modifying
existing letters of the font (where possible) so that as much as
possible of it would resemble Barks' writing style.

I am almost done -- and when I am, I will of course offer it to the
German Donaldists for them to publish it on their website.

I am no typographic expert, though, so first I need someone to have a
look at especially the Greek letters and tell me if they look right:

http://lokal.prydslauritsen.dk/misc/carlbarks-greek.png

In general I am interest in whether the letters appear as handwritten
Greek letters would, and in particular I wonder about the two small
versions of sigma (which I have made alike since here the small letters
are "just" small capitals) and if I got the omega right from the
description Kriton made some days ago.

Thanks in advance!
Thomas

--
Thomas Pryds Lauritsen

"There is the theory of the Moebius.
  A twist in the fabric of space where time becomes a loop."