Missing Duck stories in CBLiC ?

H.W.Fluks@telecom.tno.nl H.W.Fluks at telecom.tno.nl
Tue Jul 1 10:15:05 CEST 2003

Mads:

> I've read a couple of places, that the stories with Grandma
> Duck and Daisy
> Duck (Daisy's Dairy) were left out of the CBLiC.
> Initially, I figured it might have something to do that Barks
> did not write
> those stories himself, and therefore they were not considered
> worthy enough
> to include. And the fact that they were under pressure might
> have caused the
> exclusion of these stories ?! So, does anybody have something
> to contribute on this matter ?

I think two things may be involved here:

1. Gladstone needed a separate OK from Disney to print albums under a different title.
Just like they at first weren't allowed to print "Uncle Scrooge" albums (they got a separate licence for that later on).

2. Albums with Grandma Duck and Daisy Duck stories only would not sell as well as Donald or Scrooge (or even Gyro).

> Would it be possible to get Gemstone to complete what was the original
> CBLiC, or is their only plan on the CBL matter to reprint the
> original B/W series ?

Correct: I read in an interview that Geppi has no plans to print "graphic novels" at all.

--Harry.