Br'er Rabbit's nephews?

Gerstein, David DK - ECN DGE at ECN.egmont.com
Sat Jul 5 15:12:23 CEST 2003

	Rich,

>I recently learned that Molly Cottontail has two nieces named Annie &
>Fannie, and that Br'er Rabbit has two nephews.  I could find no sources for
>the nephews.  Does anyone know their names?
	The nephews are found in Sunday strip continuity ZB 46-01-27, "De
Famine" (published by Gladstone in WDC 516). They don't have names there. I
don't instantly recall having seen them in any later story, but my memory is
nowhere today.
	Maybe they rarely reappeared because their mere relationship to the
hero is a little awkward: when his first name already means "brother",
"Uncle Brer Rabbit" is a mouthful of marbles. :-)

	David