Barks Quiz

Klartekst info at klartekst.no
Sun Jul 6 22:05:45 CEST 2003

<"THIS is getting monotonous!" (Donald Duck)

Hint: This story features a Gyro Gearloose invention. Gyro is
mentioned, but does not appear in this story. At the end of the
story, Gyro is mentioned again. About a deal, this time.
New hint: The story refers to a dinner.>

I had given up this one, but your new hint did the trick: It's
from "The Custard Gun", WDC186.

Gyro has invented a gun that shoots custard goolets. This is
supposed to be a more humane form of hunting. The idea is to
blind the game with the custard and then hog-tie it while it's
helpless. When I read this as a kid, I remeber thinking it was
not very logical. You're still going to kill and eat the game in
the end aren't you? Do you also have to humiliate it first?

Anyway, the line "THIS is getting monotonous!"comes the
second time Donald misses the game and blinds HIMSELF with
custard instead. He then decides to go after a moose, because
it's big and difficult to miss. For anyone who has access to the
story: Dig it out and look again at panel four on the last page.
It's one of the funniest panels in comic book history.

At the end of the story, the ducks have turkey for dinner.
>From the shop.

Nils from Norway