Barks and TV

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. sigvald at duckburg.dk
Mon Jul 7 13:22:57 CEST 2003

ZeldasTriforce at aol.com wrote:

> I don't think Barks even owned a TV until the
> 1970's or so(thus cutting down on his chances
> of having seen the episode).

FYI: TV came to Norway in 1960, but was available in the USA many years
before that. In the famous "Back to the Future" movie-trilogy from the
1980's it is well documented that TV exited in the USA back in 1955. IMO it
would be obvious that an enlightened man like Barks would have had TV a long
time before 1960 otherwise he couldn't have followed closely important
incidents like the Cuba crises, the murders of JFK, Marin Luther King and
RFK, and the moon-landing all during the 1960's. And no matter how bad Dell
may have paid him it's no reason to believe that Barks wouldn't afford to by
a TV.

Sigvald