Zorro / Barks trivia and quote quiz

Daniel van Eijmeren dve at kabelfoon.nl
Tue Jul 8 13:13:26 CEST 2003

OLIVIER to HARRY FLUKS, ARTHUR FARIA and me, 07-07-2003:

http://bobcat74.free.fr/pix/zorro53
> This is the part where Don Diego is playing the organ.

When was this story "The Ghost of the Mission" (part 1) first published?

> Treasure Hunt!
> In which (Barks) story (stories?) does Donald use a geiger counter &
> what for?

Why only Donald? I think it's interesting to search for all Barks's
geiger counter stories. Here are some of them.

WDC 191 uranium buttons
US 55 lost watch
D/D 2001-004 From Dime to Dime (not mentioned in Barks's idea, though)
JW 13 Gold of the '49ers

And apart from these rather radio-active stories, there are also stories
with witching sticks, which are used as old-fashioned geiger counters.

>> "Tch! Tch! Maybe the next one will drop in my hand!"
>> (Which Barks story?)

> The one in a Disneyland album where, precisely, Gyro & Gus leave
> Disneyland in the very first panel. they find a planet of  lazy
> Gus-like creatures who spend their days loafing around (though this
> is even too active a way of phrasing it).

Sigh. Yes, you're right. It's "The Dream Planet" (OS 1025).
I hoped that people would think that I was referring to Gladstone,
making this a difficult quote. Hopefully, one day I'll find such a
horribly hidden quote that I can auction the solution at Ebay. :-)

> They just lie under trees, waiting for fruits to drop in their laps--
> or better, their hands; hence the quote.

Just like my quote dropped in your lap, eh? :-)

> An apple falls in Gus' hand-- "Begiunner's luck!" (if  I remember
> correctly).

Indeed. (Spelling mistakes not included.)

> Great story.

I like it, too. That dream planet is a nice object for giving a very fast
visual overview of the history of civilization as we know it.

--- Daniël

"Come on, you cowards! Have a race to see who comes in SECOND!"
(Which Barks story?)