Barks and TV

rodney-selfhelpbikeco@juno.com rodney-selfhelpbikeco at juno.com
Tue Jul 8 14:54:39 CEST 2003

Television existed in the USA all the way back to WWII (though only in one or two very large cities).  By 1948, it was available in many major markets, and by 1955 radio had largely been forgotten in light of TV.

I have however heard, from actual interviews with Barks that he rarely (if ever) watched television, prefering instead to read (yes, you can keep up with news events by picking up the daily newspaper.  I do it all of the time!).  Considering that he had little interest in television, it certainly wasn't a priority, and I don't find it hard to believe that he waited as long as possible before buying a TV set (I assume this is spoken of in the interview book).

rodney.