Disney comics in the Eastern block during the cold war

mateusz lis lis- at wp.pl
Tue Jul 8 16:41:41 CEST 2003

Lars Jensen:
> Do you know who the creators of the illegal Polish Mickey comics were?

No, I don't.

> Does current Polish Disney material ever refer to the illegal stuff (in
> articles

Which articles? Polish weekly contains only comics and stupid jokes :-(

> and such), or is it ignored? Were the illegal stories
> considered underground or were they officially approved by the state?
> Were any characters created especially for these?

I don't know. I have never read this comics. I only found this scan when I
was reading about history of comics in Poland.

> And do the illegal
> creators have any kind of connection to the current Disney comics in
> Poland?

No, these stories were created long time ago. The creators must be very old
(or even dead).

BTW: To only one legal Disney story in which the Pole is credited is D98155,
written by Tomasz Kolodziejczak, drawn by Vicar (14 pages).
Tomasz Kolodziejczak is (argh, I can't find it in my dictionary) the chief
of editorial staff of Polish weekly(maybe Editor-in-chief is a good word?).

Best wishes,
Mateusz Lis