Gemstone'sWDCS/Wm. Van Horn's Story

L. Schulte lschulte at sfstoledo.org
Tue Jul 8 18:54:00 CEST 2003

I just received the new WDC&S with the story by William Van Horn about
Donald as a noir detective (or gumshoe in 1940's slang).  This has some
very funny lines in it, and shows what we have been missing in the U.S.A.
without the original English versions available.  I should mention that the
Gladstone Gander story was a minor "gem" as well! Don Rosa's story in the
new Gemstone Uncle Scrooge is also a wonderful addition to my restarted
collection.

Does anyone know if sales are going as expected for Gemstone?  I have been
away for some weeks, and perhaps this is old news.