Voodoo Hoodoo

rodney-selfhelpbikeco@juno.com rodney-selfhelpbikeco at juno.com
Wed Jul 9 14:35:10 CEST 2003

I re-read Voodoo Hoodoo for the first time in several years last night, and I was surprised to read that my copy was censored (Gladstone Comic Album 16).  I suppose I may not have read the commentary for the story at the beginning of the book before, thus missing out on that information.

Do all US reprintings of Voodoo Hoodoo have the art altered to avoid any African stereotypes?  If so, does anyone have scans comparing the original art as Barks drew it with the updated art?  Also, who drew the changed art anyway?  Without knowing that it was changed, you couldn't really tell any difference.  At least I couldn't.

rodney.