DCML Digest Issue 11

Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Wed Jul 9 18:25:43 CEST 2003

> From: <H.W.Fluks at telecom.tno.nl>
> Subject: Don: Naples newspaper
> Don Rosa, and others interested:
> Last March, you were in Naples. The local newspaper there
> reported your visit.
> Eta Beta translated the newspaper articles into English

Cripes. All those newspaper articles about me while I was in Napoli... do
you suppose they were all as inaccurate as this one?! I am the father of the
Ducks? I will publish comics in America? I said Naples was just as I
expected it? I don't talk much? (Nobody could understand English except my
wife and Blasco! And Harry. Did they think I could speak Italian and was
just keeping quiet?) That reporter wasn't even with me during the events she
reports as if first-hand. It reads like I'm the only soul on earth creating
Duck comics. I wonder what all those great, great Italian writers & artists
think after they read this stuff. I hope they don't blame me for it.
Didn't anyone translate the newspaper headline-articles about me after my
wife was robbed by a pursesnatcher? Those would be fun to read. (But I
imagine the article will claim that I said the pursesnatcher was "just as I
expected him" and that I didn't say much when I was chasing him on his
motorscooter. Just "STOP THIEF!")

By the way, I'm not sure if it's been made quite clear yet -- turkey
dressing is, indeed, the stuffing that is cooked inside the turkey while it
roasts, and though it can often be very sweet using fruit as one ingredient
(there's an infinite number of ways to make stuffing), it is definitely
*never* made of custard or of a custard or pudding-like consistency. I'd
hate to try to pump a vast turkey cavity full of liquid pudding or figure
out how to get it to stay in there, and I don't think the custard/pudding
would do well after roasting for 6 or more hours at 400?F or how it would
fare with all the turkey's blood & juices mingling into it.  Ecch.