A Little Something Special / A journey to Duckburg

Daniel van Eijmeren dve at kabelfoon.nl
Sat Jul 12 13:30:03 CEST 2003

SIGVALD GROSFJELD to ANTHVVUONO, 12-07-2003:

> But just relax - "A Little Something Special" is a typichal
> fictional anniversary story - according to the Barks chronology
> Flintheart Glomgold and Magica de Spell didn't apear in Duckburg
> until later.

In that case, every Rosa-story with Magica would be "fictional".
Magica was created in the 1960s.

In Don Rosa's universe, Flintheart and Magica have met Scrooge long
before the 1960s. And Flintheart even appears in the Lo$. This would
make the Lo$ "fictional", too.

I don't understand why you mention the "Barks chronology" to make
Rosa's "A Little Something Special" a typical fictional anniversary
story, while that "Barks chronology" would not count for other Rosa
stories which are also fictional according to that same reasoning.

Maybe you just meant that *you* find "A Little Something Special"
a fictional story?

SIGVALD GROSFJELD, 12-07-2003:

> Once I got some scans of a nice article "A journey to Duckburg" about
> the top-meeting between CB and DR in 1998:

You mentioned the same URL twice. I think these are the URLs you meant
instead:

http://duckman.pettho.com/drinfo/page1.html
http://duckman.pettho.com/drinfo/page2.html

> Can anyone here please tell me in what magazine and in ehat issue
> that article saw print?

My comics archive is still a mess after having moved last year, so I
can't check. I believe this was an article in one of the last Gladstone
comics, somewhere in 1998 or 1999.

--- Daniël

PS. Sigvald, I find your other emails insulting. So, I want to recommend
you: please don't make the same mistakes over again.