SV: Re: DCML Digest, Vol 5, Issue 15

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. sigvald at duckburg.dk
Sat Jul 12 17:37:18 CEST 2003

Anders Christian Sivebæk wrote:

> Sigvald:  Insane Swedes
> Now that's crossing the line, but I almost see
> what you mean.

It was you that introduced that expresion to DCML, AC... I din't mean any
harm with it, and neither did you. Any way my apologis to all Swedes here
for us using that expression.

> but really, it's just a showing of how the
> rules of supply and demand work.

Well at Løvås there is still the same price wheter ther is Don Rosa in a
magazine or not.

> I'm sure if you had a comicshop and you knew
> you could sell these comics for 5 times
> as much as the usual ones, then you would...

Well I actually see that as gread, but then I am not a Swedish social
democrat either...

> The owner of Seriegrossisten in Stockholm, a
> shop that was recommended to me by friends on
> the swedish ankism-list took 750 kroner for a
> stack of comics that we both counted up to 945.

Just as in Løvås, remember...

> Every summer the pagecount is enlarged to 96
> (from 64) making room for extra long, extra
> great stories.

However so far *not* Don Rosa's "Cash Flow"...

> Issue 29 - Let me exclamate: Hooray! The reason
> isn't the republication of Don's On Stolen time,
> no, finally they print Don's old drawings (from
> Gary Leach's story) Fiscal fitness (AR 118).

Great news! But why do they announce "On Stolen Time" in issue 28 in stead
of this story that has previously not seen print in Scandinavia? Hard core
fans like me, Geir J. Netland and others find that much more interesting
than seeing "On Stolen Time" once more.

Sigvald